The Pentagon has denied receiving orders for Venezuela
Moscow. August 12. INTERFAX.RU — the Pentagon had not received orders to prepare for military intervention in Venezuela, but the military command constantly develops plans for emergency situations in different points of light, said Saturday the representative of the U.S. defense Department Eric Pachon.
“The Pentagon had not received orders concerning Venezuela,” he told CNN.
Thus the interlocutor of TV channel reminded that the US military command “continuously develops action plans in case of occurrence of a number of emergency situations. If required, we are ready to support the efforts of the administration to protect our national interests and US citizens”.
Earlier on Saturday, the President of the United States Donald trump warned that does not exclude the possibility of military solution of the crisis in Venezuela, where he escalated the confrontation of the authorities and the opposition.
Additionally, the White house said that at the moment are unable to agree on the proposal by Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to negotiate with trump. “President trump will be happy to talk to the leader of Venezuela, as only in this country will be restored democracy,” said White house spokesman Sarah Sanders.