The number of victims of the terrorist attack in Istanbul has increased to 38
On Saturday night two explosions thundered in the heart of Istanbul: the first occurred near the football stadium “Vodafone arena”, the second bomb was powered in the city Park of maçka. The victims were 38 people, more than 150 were injured. How do you think the Turkish government, the attack may be involved in the country banned Kurdistan workers ‘ party (PKK). In the investigation of the incident has been detained 13 persons.
Two explosions were recorded on 10 December at about 22:30. The first was remotely detonated a car bomb next to bus police officers at the stadium “Vodafone arena” after the match “Besiktas” and “Bursaspor”. After that, a suicide bomber detonated a bomb in a Park Macka. Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said that the explosions occurred with a difference in 45 seconds. The moment one of the explosions caught on video.
According to the latest data, the number of victims has reached 38 people, 30 of the victims were police officers, seven civilians, another victim to identify so far failed.
The number of victims is 155 people, of whom 14 are in intensive care. The Consulate General of Russia in Istanbul and the Federal tourism Agency has no information that among victims there are Russians.
Istanbul Beşiktaş civarında 2 kez şiddetli #patlama oldu !
Patlama birçok noktadan duyuldu… pic.twitter.com/9RCL33lyAA
— Emre (@Teyrebaz__) 10 Dec 2016
The Turkish authorities have called the incident a terrorist attack. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the terrorists sought to a greater number of victims.
“That night we again witnessed the vile face of terror. It is clear that the purpose of the attack, which occurred immediately after the match “Besiktas”—”Bursaspor” was the most maximum number of victims”, — quotes the Turkish leader “RIA Novosti”.
See alsothe Turkish Authorities have declared mourning in connection with the attack
In connection with the attack, Turkish President has postponed his visit to Kazakhstan. Condemning the terrorist attack was also made by the Minister of transport Ahmet Arslan, who wished all the injured a speedy recovery.
The Minister of internal Affairs of Turkey, Suleyman Soylu said that on suspicion of involvement in the attack have detained 13 people. Turkish Deputy Prime Minister said that the responsibility for the attack can carry the country banned Kurdistan workers ‘ party (PKK). “This is clearly a planned action, for which, in all probability, is the PKK. After the completion of the investigation will be made an official statement,” — said Deputy Prime Minister.
The police also do not rule out that the attack involved the terrorist organization “Islamic state” (IG; banned in Russia).
We will all versions be considered. On the one hand, like handwriting, as are the Kurdish terrorists of the PKK, on the other, their alleged involvement in suicide attacks may indicate the involvement in the crime to the IG.Turkish police
A cordon leading to the sports arena the roads remained till morning, said eyewitnesses. “Police opened the roads leading to the stadium. Now there’s free transport passes. However, the city in its various areas exhibited additional police posts, and generally guards a lot more than usual” — told the local residents. While on the site of the explosion remains local cordon, municipal services continue liquidating the consequences of terrorist attacks.
Turkish authorities have imposed a temporary ban on coverage of the incident: prohibited the publication of details of the incident, details of work investigators as well as the publication of frames from the scene, which may hinder the investigation or cause panic among the population.
Dec 11, Turkey announced a day of national mourning, government institutions and private enterprises across the country have lowered their flags.
Also reada Lot of police officers were injured in the explosion in Istanbul
Members of public organization “Democratic platform of Turkey” today are going to hold a March in the center of Istanbul, thus expressing its condemnation of the terrorist attack, and demonstrating the unity of the people in the face of terrorist threats.
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has expressed his condolences in connection with the attack. Vladimir Putin stressed that the incident confirms the relevance of joint efforts to combat terrorism. The Russian leader expressed confidence that the perpetrators and masterminds will not go unpunished.
Condemnation of the terrorist attacks in Istanbul, also expressed the United States. “The attack was apparently aimed at a police force. We pray for the victims, their families and friends and all the people of Turkey,” — said the representative of the national security Council the White house, Ned Price.