© Valery sharifulin/TASS
7 December 2016, the defense Ministry said that the hospital died a Colonel of the armed forces of the Russian Federation Ruslan Galitsky received in Aleppo, Syria wounded in the shelling by militants of the “opposition” of one of the residential blocks West of the city. The Colonel was executed in Syria tasks in a group of Russian military advisers. Ruslan Galitsky is represented by the command to a high state award posthumously.
With this incident, and combat loss of personnel and equipment of the Armed forces (AF) of the Russian Federation during the military operations in Syria amounted to a total of 21 people, three helicopters (two Mi-8 and one Mi-28N) and one aircraft (su-24).
What about those killed in the Syrian troops at the TASS.
- Died November 19, 2015 during a combat mission in Syria.
- The officer provided guidance cruise missile air-launched against the terrorists, the details of his death are unknown.
- The loss was officially confirmed on 17 March 2016 at the ceremony of awarding the participants of the operation. Awarded the order of Courage posthumously.
- School near the city of Bryansk has received the name of the deceased in Syria, the Russian officer. He was buried in his native village, where he will now live his mother.
- 24, 2015 front-line bomber su-24M (tail number “83 white”, registration number RF-90932) Special aviation group of Russia’s air strikes in Syria were shot down by F-16 Fighting Falcon of the Turkish air force in the airspace of Syria.
- The pilots managed to eject, according to him, fire was opened from the ground, the pilot Colonel Oleg Peshkov died.
- According to the Turkish side, the bomber was shot down because of a violation of air borders of this country. The defense Ministry denied the fact of the su-24M in Turkish airspace.
- The Navigator shot down the bomber captain Konstantin Murakhtin – was rescued by the special forces of the armed forces and the Syrian army. Awarded the order of Courage.
- 25, 2015, by decree of the President of Russia Vladimir Putin Lieutenant Colonel Oleg Peshkov was posthumously awarded the title hero of the Russian Federation.
- The name of the Hero of Russia immortalized on a plaque in the village of Kosikha at Barnaul, where he was born and raised. A memorial to the “Countrymen who died in local conflicts”, which included his name, situated on the Alley of Heroes of the great Patriotic war.
- The head of the Altai territory Alexander Karlin said that the region has established three monthly scholarships named after Hero of Russia Oleg Peshkov for students in the Altai boarding school with initial flight training to them. Hero Of The Soviet Union K. G. Tags.
- The name of the pilot will assign the new Lipetsk school №100. It will create an aviation Museum.
- 12 June in the Amur region opened a monument to Oleg Peshkov.