The girl swallowed a coin and died in Leningrad

The investigative Committee of Leningrad region opened a criminal case after the death of a child due to swallowed coins. As reports a press-Department service, four-year-old girl was admitted to the hospital with a foreign body in the respiratory tract.


The child was hospitalized on February 13 in a city hospital the Pine forest. The doctors pulled from her throat a coin, but to save the girl’s life failed. She was in a coma, and died 18 Feb.


Upon its destruction criminal case under article “Causing death by negligence due to improper performance of their professional duties.”

Photo: imagebroker / Ulrich Niehoff / Goballookpress