Regions are leaders in the number of new cases:
- Moscow – 2630 (2,005,710 since the beginning of the pandemic),
- Saint Petersburg – 1958 (831 206),
- Moscow Region – 1935 (626,351),
- Krasnoyarsk Territory — 642 (166 863),
- Perm Krai — 619 (154,246).
Last week, the level of collective immunity to coronavirus in Russia exceeded 58%. The authorities admit that due to the spread of the omicron strain, the terms of revaccination and the validity of certificates may be adjusted. At least 25 Russians were infected with Omicron. On December 16, the State Duma adopted in the first reading a government bill on the introduction of QR codes on vaccination, the presence of antibodies or a medical device for visiting public places.