The head of Europol told when they may start a new wave of cyber attacks
MOSCOW, may 14 — RIA Novosti. Director of Europol Rob Wainwright said that a series of cyber-attacks can last Monday morning, reports Reuters.
“At the moment we are faced with the growing threat. The number of (the victims — ed.) is increasing, concern is how much more will grow their numbers when people come to work and turn on their computers Monday morning,” said Wainwright, the TV channel ITV.
Newsthe Largest attack in history. Hacked MIA, MegaFon and thousands of companies
Anti-virus developers Avast previously reported 57 thousands of hacker attacks with the use of a virus WanaCrypt0r 2.0. According to the company, first and foremost, the virus is spreading in Russia, Ukraine and Taiwan. In turn, in the “Kaspersky Lab” announced that it has recorded about 45 thousand hacker attacks in 74 countries worldwide, with the greatest number of attempts of infiltrations is observed in Russia.
In particular, last Friday, was paralyzed nearly 50 hospitals and clinics in the UK.
Wainwright expressed concern about the level of security of computer networks of health systems in many countries. According to him, most of the users did not translate the hackers money.
Earlier it was reported that hackers used a modified malicious program of the national security Agency (NSA), USA. The Financial Times, citing analysts in the field of cyber security reported that the tool of the us intelligence services, known as eternal blue (“rich blue”), was combined with “an extortionist” WannaCry.