Russian President Vladimir Putin will take part in the opening ceremony of the cross in memory of the great Prince Sergey Alexandrovich in the Kremlin, the monument in 1918, was demolished with the personal participation of Vladimir Lenin.
As the press service of the Kremlin, the restoration of the cross was “the Russian military-historical society” and Fund of assistance to revival of traditions of mercy and charity “Elisabeth-sergievskoe educational society” on behalf of the President of the Russian Federation.
A memorial cross was raised by Nikolskaya tower in 1908 on public donations after the assassination of the Governor-General of Moscow Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich in 1905. In 1918, the monument was destroyed, reminds the press service.
Grand Duke Sergey Romanov – the fifth son of Alexander II. February 4, 1905, was killed in the attack, arranged by a member of the “Fighting organization of the party of socialists-revolutionaries”: when the great Prince came up to Nikolskaya tower from St. Nicholas Palace in the Kremlin the terrorist threw a bomb at his carriage.
Second APR 1908 place of death of Sergei Alexandrovich in the Kremlin was a monument – a bronze cross with enamel accents and the picture of the crucified Christ. At the foot of the cross was the inscription: “father forgive them, they know not what they do”. The first of may, 1918, he was destroyed in the demolition of the monument was personally involved Vladimir Lenin. The monument was restored in 1998 in the Novospassky monastery, where I took the remains of Sergei Alexandrovich.
Famous monuments located on the territory of the Kremlin is the Tsar cannon and the Tsar bell. The gun was cast in bronze in 1586 and is a monument of Russian artillery and founding art, and the bell in 1735. The Tsar cannon weighs 39.3 tons and the Tsar bell – 202 tons.
In the spring of 1918, the Kremlin was removed and the statue of Alexander II of the memorial complex in honor of the Emperor, in 1928, the entire complex was finally blown up.