Montenegro has banned the entry of nearly 150 Ukrainians and Russians
According to the Balkan mass media, the restrictions affected persons which, according to Montenegrin authorities, “support policies that undermine the sovereignty of Ukraine.”
Moscow. June 2. INTERFAX.RU — the Government of Montenegro adopted the decision to ban entry into the country 149 citizens of Russia and Ukraine involved in the events in the Donbass and in the Crimea, according to Serbian newspaper Blic.
Restrictive measures have affected the Russians, who “actively support policies that undermine the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine”.
According to the publication, in the sanctions list includes, in particular, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, Secretary of the Russian security Council Nikolai Patrushev, the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, businessman Konstantin Malofeyev and zamgendirektora of the Russian party “United Russia” Sergei Zheleznyak.
While Montenegrin media reported earlier that Prime Minister of Montenegro, Dusko Markovic, the former Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic and speaker of Parliament Ivan Brayovich, as well as several other Montenegrin politicians are banned entry to Russia in connection with a hit in the sanctions list of the Russian Federation.
Answering the journalists ‘ question whether the Kremlin anything about the alleged ban on entry to Russia Prime Minister and former Prime Minister of Montenegro and the speaker of the Parliament of this country, the press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov said: “No, nothing is known.”
In turn, the official representative of Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova said that Montenegrin citizens wishing to visit Russia need to obtain information about the opportunities of entry in the Russian Embassy in Montenegro.
NATO on 19 may 2016 signed the Protocol on accession of Montenegro to the Alliance. Montenegro will officially become the 29th member of NATO on 5 June.