Vice-President Michael Pence and acting President of the Republic of Korea Hwang Kyo-Ahn has promised Pyongyang “punitive measures” in the case of new provocations. This is the Agency “Yonhap”.
Pence said that in the case of using the DPRK’s conventional or nuclear weapons response, the United States and South Korea is “overwhelming and effective.” Vice-President of the United States also said that Washington and Seoul will not tolerate any further missile and nuclear tests in North Korea, and advised Pyongyang to draw attention to the recent strike by cruise missiles on Syria.
Pens and Hwang Kyo-Ahn have also confirmed that do not intend to abandon the deployment of missile defense systems THAAD and expressed frustration with the response of Beijing against Seoul.
Previously, Penny said that the administration of U.S. President Donald trump is not going to follow the policy of “strategic patience” in relation to the nuclear missile issues of the DPRK and said that the allied obligations of Washington before the Seoul “indestructible”.
On the morning of Monday, April 17, Pence arrived at a U.S. military base in South Korea to hold a meeting with military leaders and to meet with soldiers of the U.S. Army. Visit Penny comes amid rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula. Two days before it was reported that Pyongyang has made another attempt to test the new missile. The South Korean military announced that the launch was made from the landfill near the town of yuktae-Dong in the province of hamkyung province on the West, North and failed.