The number of victims of “gas attacks” in Syria has risen to 58
At least 58 people have died from “poison gas” that was used during an air RAID on the Syrian opposition controlled town of Khan shaykhun.
About it reports Reuters with reference to the statement by the London-based Syrian Observatory for human rights.
According to the Saudi TV channel Al Arabiya, the speech can go about 100 dead and about 400 injured. About the “gas attack” became known earlier, on April 4: the opposition accused it of force of government troops. In Damascus said that the army did not use and not to use chemical weapons on the battlefield. Twitter account Conflict News published photos from the scene.
The Syrian government previously denied using chemical weapons in the civil war, however, created with the support of the UN Organization for the prohibition of chemical weapons (OPCW) has concluded that Syrian government forces used chlorine at least twice in the period from 2014 to 2015. Russia then said he was alarmed by the statement, however, called the report inconclusive.