Roskomnadzor has no plans to block YouTube
MOSCOW, 5 sen — RIA of news. Roskomnadzor has no plans to block YouTube in Russia, there are other mechanisms for enforcement of Russian laws, said the Minister on his page on the social network “Vkontakte”.
CEC and Roskomnadzor had earlier sent Google letters of responsibility for dissemination of the calls for actions on the day of the election, which is a violation of Russian law. Single voting day in Russia will take place on 9 September. On Tuesday the Deputy head of Roskomnadzor Vadim Subbotin said that YouTube acts as a connecting link in the promotion of anti-social behaviour on election day.
“The blocking of YouTube on the territory of the Russian Federation out of the question. Our state has other mechanisms for enforcement of Russian laws”, — said Subbotin, whose words are reported.
“We’ll monitor the situation and see the reaction of Google. While the official response from the company. After a Single day of voting, we will gather at the meeting of the interim Commission of the Federation Council on the protection of sovereignty and to summarize,” added Subbotin.