Most Russians stopped flying

VTsIOM: 71% of Russians have never flown an airplane in the last 2-3 years 71 percent) stopped flying, the remaining 29 percent used this mode of transport with varying degrees of frequency. This is evidenced by the results of a study by VTsIOM, published on the organization's website.

Thus, nine percent of respondents have made only one flight over the past few years, 11 percent – two or three. Another five percent of respondents have traveled by plane more than six times. Most of the passengers (18 percent) are residents of Moscow and St. Petersburg.

According to VTsIOM, 89 percent of Russians liked the airports they used. Among them, 28 percent of respondents noted the politeness of the staff, 20 percent – cleanliness and order in the air harbor, 15 percent – comfort and no queues. Another 11 percent of the survey participants praised the organization of passenger traffic.

Dissatisfaction with airports was expressed by eight percent of respondents, most of whom are older people. Most often, passengers left bad reviews due to poor repairs and a lack of free seats.

A total of 1.6 thousand people took part in the VTsIOM survey. The poll was conducted on November 30 and was timed to coincide with Civil Aviation Day.

Earlier in November, experts from the Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR) found that the majority of Russians (75 percent) are ready to refuse travel because of the possible introduction of QR codes on transport. At the same time, only four percent of respondents are ready to get vaccinated for the sake of being able to travel freely. 10 percent preferred to observe the situation or wait until the new rules are canceled.



Leave a Reply