The CPS told us how to avoid frostbite
The Federal service for supervision of consumer rights protection (Rospotrebnadzor) in connection with the established in the Russian frosts reminded about the basic rules of prevention of frostbite when walking and working in the conditions of negative temperature.
In order to avoid hypothermia and frostbite, the CPS recommended:
- To avoid the use of alcohol. Alcohol intoxication causes a great loss of heat. At the same time a person thinks that he is warm. They may also fail to notice the signs of frostbite.
- No Smoking. Smoking reduces the peripheral blood circulation, which makes the course more vulnerable.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. It promotes normal blood circulation. Dressing should be layered between layers of clothing will be a layer of air, trapping heat. You can also use special underwear. Outerwear should be waterproof.
NewsBest doctor in Moscow told how to survive the cold
- Not to go out in the cold without mittens, hats and scarf. The best option is mittens made of water repellent and windproof fabric with fur inside. Gloves from natural materials from frost do not save. Cheeks and chin should close with a scarf.
- Not to remove street shoes with frostbitten feet. In the cold they will swell, and the shoes will not wear. As soon as possible to reach the warm room.
- Avoid windy places. The wind is a much greater chance of frostbite.
- To eat before going out in the cold for a long time.
- Pay special attention as children and the elderly. In children, thermoregulation of the body is not yet fully configured, and in the elderly it is already broken. These categories are more susceptible to hypothermia and frostbite.
- At the first sign of freezing of the extremities, as soon as possible to go to any warm place — a shop, café, entrance.
Also frostbite can result in: