The number of missing in a fire in California has risen to 1276 people
WASHINGTON, November 18 — RIA Novosti. The number of missing in the deadly fire in Northern California has increased to 1276 people, told reporters on Sunday the Sheriff of Butte County Cory Khoni.
“The number of missing has risen to 1276, an increase of 275 people. Since last night were found the remains of five more people, bringing the total death toll now stands at 76”, — he said.
#BREAKING: I had to watch multiple pieces of video and make several calls before I typed this and even now it still feels unreal… but @ButteSheriff is saying this:
That’s an increase of more than 500 missing people from yesterday. #CampFire @NBCNews pic.twitter.com/Jozg2vj4dV
— Steve Patterson (@PattersonNBC) 16 Nov 2018
The Russian Embassy in the United States expressed condolences to the people of California.
“We extend our most sincere condolences and sympathy to the people of California in connection with the extensive damage and dozens of casualties caused by the devastating forest fires”, — is spoken in the message of Embassy on Twitter.
Fires in California
Camp forest fire began on the eighth of November in Northern California. He became the most destructive in state history. In addition, the raging southern California two fires: the Woolsey and Hill.
Firefighters continue to battle the #CampFire on many fronts. Whether on active or firelines working to mitigate hazards within the interior of the fire, firefighters & our cooperators are working around the clock to contain the fire & make areas safe again for residents. pic.twitter.com/suhMT8r1b2
— CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department (@CALFIRE_ButteCo) 18 Nov 2018
Evacuated more than 300 thousand people. Donald trump announced in California mode of major disaster.
By far the most destructive in the history of California was last year’s fire Tubbs — also in upstate, closer to the coast. He had covered nearly 15 thousand hectares and destroyed more than 5.5 thousand buildings.