British police: poisoning at a restaurant in Salisbury is not related to “Newcomer”
TASS, September 17 — Earlier it was reported that two people felt ill after visiting the institution.
Police Wiltshire believes that feel unwell a couple in an Italian restaurant in Salisbury have been exposed to nerve agents “Beginner”. About it the Agency said Monday on its website.
“Both were taken to the district hospital, Salisbury, and examined in a clinical setting. Now we can confirm that there is no reason to assume that “Newbie” is a substance [of poisoning]. Both remain in hospital under observation,” said the police.
It is noted that while at the scene continue to work with law enforcement officers.
On Sunday, County police reported that two people, a man and a woman, felt ill after a visit to Salisbury of the Prezzo restaurant, located 300 metres from the Zizzi restaurant, where the day of his poisoning in March and dined a former GRU Colonel Sergei Skripal and his daughter Julia.
As a precaution, the restaurant was closed, all adjacent roads were blocked. The emergency was sent to firefighters and four ambulances, including emergency response in emergency situations, where staff were in chemical protection suits.