The government is preparing a response to new US sanctions
MOSCOW, 27 Jun — RIA Novosti. Economic and military blocs of the government are preparing a response of the Russian Federation on the new US sanctions, said Deputy foreign Minister of Russia Sergey Ryabkov.
“Do you think that we cannot cope with one or even five waves of sanctions. Yes, we should be preparing, we are preparing. Prepared for this economic bloc, the military bloc,” Ryabkov said on air of the program “60 minutes” on TV channel “Russia-1”.
The previously announced U.S. sanctions against Russia, the reason for the introduction of which were allegations of use of chemical weapons, entered into force on Monday Washington time (7.00 GMT).
The basis for the imposition of sanctions has led to accusations of Russia in the use of chemical weapons in the British Salisbury, where he was poisoned, former GRU officer Sergey Skripal and his daughter Julia. Russia denies these accusations and offers joint investigation into the incident, which London does not agree.
The Minister of foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov in may, said that “it Skripal” is crumbling before our eyes due to the lack of any evidence against Russia.
As the official representative of Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova said that the case Skrobala in the foreign office was sent to about 60 diplomatic notes with the requirement to provide Russia access to the investigation, the affected citizens of the Russian Federation, and also with the request on legal assistance and cooperation proposals, including joint investigation, but the British authorities did not respond to them.