Argentina abolished the reward for information about a missing submarine
MEXICO city, 11 Dec — RIA Novosti. Argentina’s government on Wednesday abolished the remuneration, announced in the winter for information on the whereabouts of the missing submarine the Navy “San Juan”.
“The announced measure failed to achieve this goal,” — said in a decree published in the official Argentine edition of the Boletin Oficial.
In February the government announced the payment of 98 million pesos (approximately $ 3.5 million at current exchange rates) for information that will help to find the missing in November last year the submarine. The money was to get someone who can provide information and useful information that will lead to the establishment of the exact location of the missing submarine.
“San Juan” stopped communicating 15 Nov 2017 during the transition from the naval base Ushuaia to Mar del Plata. At the time of last communication with submarines reported the accident. On Board were 44 people, including the first ever Argentinean woman-submariner Eliana Maria Krawczyk. Representatives of the Navy reported a single explosion, which can be associated with the disappearance of the “San Juan”.
15 days after the disappearance of the submarine of naval forces of Argentina said that the operation to rescue 44 crew members of the submarine “San Juan” is terminated, but will continue the search for the submarine.