Trump confirmed that duties on Chinese goods will come into force at midnight on Friday
WASHINGTON, July 6. /TASS/ — the White house previously announced that due to “unfair” trade practices of Beijing and Washington will impose a 25% duty in respect of goods from China worth $50 billion.
The US President Donald trump on Thursday confirmed that a fee in the amount of $34 billion for Chinese goods will come into force in the night of Friday (7:00 am Friday GMT). He told reporters on Board the presidential plane on the way to Montana, where he will speak to his supporters. The words of the policy cited by the press pool of the White house.
“$34 [billion] and then another $16 [billion] in two weeks, and then, as you know, we [the duties on] $200 billion that are pending, and then after the $200 billion we have $300 billion under consideration. Thus, we have a $50 [billion] plus $200 [billion], plus almost $300 [billion],” said trump, adding that these duties “refers only to China.”
The head of the White house on June 15 announced that, in connection with the “China stealing American intellectual property and technology” and “unfair” trade practices of Beijing and Washington will impose a 25 per cent duties on Chinese goods worth $50 billion.
In response, the PRC government informed Washington that it will respond to these actions with adequate measures — July 6 American goods for the same amount in the same way will be charged fees at the higher rate.