The important thing about pension reform
June 14, Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev has revealed details of the upcoming pension reform. The main parameters and the main stages of raising the retirement age — in the material “Kommersant”.
- Raising the retirement age will start on 1 January 2019 and will be carried out gradually, increasing every year for six months.
- By 2028 the age of retirement for men will be increased to 65 years.
- By 2034 , the age of retirement for women will be raised to 63 years.
- Increased the age assignment of social pensions (for those who have enough seniority, for the calculation of normal pensions).
- The age for a social pension for women will be raised from 60 to 68 years old.
- The age for a social pension for men will be raised from 60 to 70 years.
- The age for early retirement will be increased by eight years for teachers, doctors and artists.
- For working in the Extreme North and equated areas, the retirement age will be raised to 60 years for men and 58 years for women.
- The reform will not affect those who work in difficult conditions and in hazardous enterprises.
- Also, the reform will not affect: invalids of group I and received the military injuries. Retain the age of retirement in one of the parents or guardians of disabled children, mothers of five or more children, victims of Chernobyl and other certain categories of citizens.
- According to government estimates, the reform will increase payments to current retirees by nearly 1 thousand rubles per year.