The Israeli air force launched air strikes on Central Gaza strip
Moscow. May 29. INTERFAX.RU — Israeli aircraft attacked the Central part of the Gaza strip in response to mortar attack settlements in southern Israel, said on Tuesday the Israeli newspaper “gaarets”.
In the leadership of the Palestinian movement Hamas said that we are talking about the Israeli response to the largest in 2014 mortar shell fire from the Gaza strip, which occurred earlier on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused the Palestinians attack the Israelis. “Let the world know: Palestinian terrorists in Gaza continue to attack Israel,” wrote Israeli Prime Minister on Twitter.
In addition, Netanyahu said that the Israeli army is prepared to continue to respond harshly to the attacks on Israel from the Gaza strip.
Previously, the newspaper Jerusalem post, citing army sources reported that Israel had produced 27 mortar shells, however, “most of them were successfully intercepted by the Israeli missile system “Iron dome.”