Erdogan announced plans to reach the end in the destruction of Kurdish troops in Syria
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Ankara will not back down in their determination to see the mission in the Syrian Afrin to the end. His words conveys the newspaper Yeni Safak.
“During the operation “shield of the Euphrates” we struck a blow for those who planned to create a corridor of terror along our borders. Then, the United States delivered to the region of five thousand trucks loaded with military equipment that was distributed to terrorist organizations, he said the Operation in ‘afrīn also over, when they achieved the set objectives”.
Erdogan promised that Turkey will establish control of the Afrin, as done previously in the Syrian cities Dzharablus, al-Rai and al-Bab. “I declare that Ankara has no plans to seize the territory of Syria. The goal of Turkey — to ensure national security and territorial integrity of Syria”, — he explained.
After Erdogan’s statement came the news of the first dead Turkish soldier during the operation in Syria. According to Anadolu Agency that the soldier was killed during clashes with representatives of the outlawed Turkey Kurdistan workers ‘ party.
The Turkish authorities launched a military operation “Olive branch” near the town of Afrin in Northern Syria on January 20. Its goal is the destruction of paramilitary Kurdish forces in the Syrian Kurdistan, which Turkey as terrorist.