NATO has denied allegations of failing to confront Russia
NATO rejected the accusations of the media in failing to reflect the hypothetical impact from the East. On Saturday, October 21, TASS said the official representative of the Alliance Oana Lungescu.
Lungescu said that the Alliance has been strengthening the collective defence since the cold war.
“In addition, NATO has tripled the number of its response Force, based on five thousand contingent of ultra-fast response”, — said the representative of the organization.
Previously the German newspaper Der Spiegel, citing a secret report of the Alliance for internal use said that NATO is not ready to confront Russia in case of its attack on the position on the Eastern flank.
The reason is called the logistic capabilities of the Alliance, which would not allow to react to a potential threat and make an operational movement of troops. It is noted that the logistic system atrophied since the end of the cold war.