In Irkutsk there was a fire in the home for the disabled, there are victims

In Irkutsk there was a fire in the home for the disabled, there are victims

MOSCOW, 18 Jul — RIA Novosti. The two-storey private house in Irkutsk, a fire broke out, reported RIA Novosti a source in the emergency services of the region. According to preliminary data, it was used for a short stay older people with disabilities.

“As a result of a fire in the house 2 on the street in the Resort, 12 people were injured, five of them are in serious condition,” — said the Agency interlocutor.

According to him, only managed to save 19 people. Now the fire is out. Circumstances are PE are investigated, investigations are carried out.

During the download an error has occurred.

Later the Investigative Committee for the Irkutsk region reported that thirteen of the victims were hospitalized. After the fire, the investigation began a preliminary examination to establish, whether legally the elderly were in this place.

Deputy chief GUMCHS on region Victor Pashkov has told that employees of probation fire laboratory have established the cause of the fire: when using a tumble dryer there is a short circuit. The fire covered ten square meters.

The premises were heavily smoke-filled. Elderly people were on the second floor, they were evacuated to the balcony, pulled on the soft stretcher down. Before arrival “fast” performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation and provided first aid.Victor Paskutiniai the chief of GUMCHS in the Irkutsk region

According to him, a home for the elderly and the disabled does not appear in the register of providers of social services.