The official representative of the Ministry of defense of Russia Igor Konashenkov advised the Kiev authorities dismiss the chief of the General staff of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko as incompetent. So the Russian major-General responded to the statement Muzhenko that Moscow has withdrawn from Belarus, not all the troops involved in the exercises “West-2017”. Words Konashenkov on Saturday, September 30, leads “Interfax”.
“As to Russian forces participating in joint strategic exercises “West-2017″, everyone returned to the places of permanent deployment”, — said Konashenkov.
According to him, the statements of chief of General staff about the “hidden” Russian troops in Belarus demonstrate incompetent.
“Absolute non-possession of operational conditions on the removal of hundreds of kilometers from the capital of their own country and imagination about the number of troops stationed there is cause for immediate dismissal of the chief of the General staff,” — said Konashenkov.
Earlier in an interview with Reuters Muzhenko said that after the Russian exercises “West-2017” to Belarus left their troops. According to him, Moscow has lowered the initial number to Belarus troops withdrew from the Republic a part of them.
Joint military exercises of Russia and Belarus “West-2017” took place from 14 to 20 September. They were involved in up to 12.7 thousand servicemen, up to 70 aircraft and helicopters, and 680 pieces of equipment. Similar joint exercises held in 2009 and 2013.