Pentagon chief James Mattis said that the U.S. Department of defense began implementation of the ban us President Donald trump on service in the armed forces transgender people, however, de facto postpones any dismissal for an indefinite period — until the relevant studies. On Wednesday, August 30, reports RIA Novosti.
“The Pentagon will comply with the orders of the President of the policy change, leading consultation with the Department of homeland security. As prescribed, we will develop a research plan and implement a solution that will include steps to increase combat readiness, striking ability and cohesion of military units, also taking into account budgetary constraints and compliance with legislation”, — reads the statement of Mattis.
He also announced that he will convene the expert Commission, which would develop methods for implementation of the decision of trump. Yet in effect will remain the current policy in respect of already serving soldiers, said Mattis.
26 Aug trump returned the ban, cancelled his predecessor Barack Obama, on the service of transgender people in the Armed forces of the United States. Trump was afraid that the removal last year of the ban can lower the effectiveness of the army, lead to increased costs, it is also likely “violation of the coherence of individual combat units.”
On 26 July, the President in his Twitter wrote that “the armed forces cannot spend huge money on medical care of transgender people and bring them to tolerate destabilization”.
In 2010, the U.S. Congress abolished the rule of “don’t ask, don’t tell” (Don’t ask, don’t tell), according to which employees in the armed forces representatives of different sexual orientation were required to hide their belonging to the minorities.