In the Iranian town of Dezful (Khuzestan province) there was a chlorine leak. On Sunday, August 13, reports Associated Press.
In the incident, according to the latest data, injured 475 people. They were all taken to a local hospital, but hospitalization was required in only 45 of them. The rest were released after inspection. Hamrin News reports about the death of one person in the emergency.
According to Erem News portal, the leak occurred the night before in an abandoned warehouse owned by the local water company located on the outskirts of the city. All hospitals declared a state of emergency.
In early August it was reported about the leak of sodium hypochlorite in one of the pools of the American city of Durham (North Carolina). The incident poisoned 42 people, 40 of whom were children.
The most common signs of chlorine poisoning are nausea and vomiting, dizziness, and shortness of breath, irritation to eyes and skin.