Pyongyang threatened “physical response” to new sanctions
North Korea threatened to take “physical actions” in response to the adoption by the UN Security Council in respect of new sanctions. This is stated in the statement of the Committee for peace in the Asia-Pacific region, reports TASS.
Pyongyang called the new UN security Council resolution a “terrorist act”. Previously, North Korea has rejected “concocted by the US and hostile forces” a document as violating the sovereignty of the DPRK.
Simultaneously with the last statement in the American media appeared information about the equipment of the North Korean patrol boats with anti-ship missiles. Fox News channel said that such a step Pyongyang went for the first time in 2014.
August 7, Moscow called on the parties to the conflict on the Korean Peninsula to solve problems through peaceful means. “Sergei Lavrov urged all parties involved to exercise maximum restraint in order to avoid the implementation of negative security scenarios on the Korean Peninsula,” — said in a statement the Russian foreign Ministry.
On 5 August the UN security Council adopted a resolution toughening sanctions against Pyongyang. Now North Korea is prohibited from exporting coal, iron, lead, and seafood. Accounts of the Bank for foreign trade of the DPRK frozen North Korean vessels that violated UN resolutions, denied entry to the ports of all States.
On July 29, the DPRK confirmed the launch of a ballistic missile “And 14”. KCNA said the test posed no threat to neighboring countries, however, is “a stern warning for the United States.” July 4, Russia and China issued a joint initiative of proposing to the DPRK to declare a moratorium on nuclear tests and missile launches, and South Korea and the United States to refrain from conducting large-scale military exercises in the region. Washington’s offer was ignored.