The meeting of Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Ryabkov and US under Secretary of state Thomas Shannon, is scheduled for July 17 may not happen. On Thursday, July 13, the newspaper “Izvestia”.
The newspaper’s sources indicate that the meeting will be canceled if the US will not revert to the question of the arrested Russian diplomatic property in the United States, and will not form a mutually beneficial agenda consultations.
Ryabkov, in conversation with the newspaper noted that the us sanctions policy is contrary to the objectives of improving relations and is based on illegal approaches. “We’ll never get along with the US on sanctions. They believe that this is a legitimate method of conducting international Affairs, we are convinced of its wrongfulness. (…) The fact that we did not react to the unlawful seizure of our property, does not mean that this will not happen in the future,” he said.
The employee a press-services of the Department of state Frankie Sturm told “Izvestia” that the American side has already started to prepare for the meeting. In addition, according to the newspaper’s sources in the state Department and the U.S. Embassy in Russia, the Americans are actively preparing for the consultations.
June 21, Ryabkov said that Moscow refuses bilateral consultations with Washington on the problems in relations after the expansion of us sanctions. “The situation is not conducive to carrying out rounds of this dialogue, especially since the content for it is not reached”, — said the diplomat.
At the end of December last year Washington decided within 72 hours 35 to expel Russian diplomats, as well as close access to the residential Embassy complexes in Maryland and in new York city.