MOSCOW, June 21. /TASS/. The next round of Russian-American consultations at the level of Deputy foreign Ministers, scheduled for June 23, will not take place. This is stated in the comments of the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Ryabkov hosted on the website of the foreign Ministry.
“As you know, the next few days were planned for the continuation of bilateral consultations on the accumulated in Russian-American relations “stimuli”, to find ways out of extremely difficult situation in which the American side has driven partnership and cooperation with Russia”, – said the diplomat.
“After yesterday’s decision on sanctions, the situation does not have to hold a round of such a dialogue (between Ryabkov and U.S. Deputy Secretary of state Thomas Shannon – approx. TASS), and the content for it is not reached because Washington was not proposed and is not proposing anything concrete in this area. As did not return, or returns expropriated in December last year, the Russian diplomatic property,” he said.
The U.S. state Department earlier confirmed that Shannon will meet with Ryabkov in St. Petersburg on Friday, June 23.
Ryabkov said that the meeting was planned to discuss with Shannon the situation around the Russian diplomatic property.