Lavrov: Russia expects explanation from the United States for downed aircraft Syrian troops
MOSCOW, 20 Jun — RIA Novosti. Moscow is still waiting for explanation from the United States knocked SAR aircraft of the Syrian armed forces, said the Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov after talks with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian.
“There is a mechanism that now really suspended after what the United States did, by shooting down the plane. We, as you know, the Ministry of defence has requested clarification of details. Expect it to be done,” Lavrov said.
Aircraft of the US-led coalition fight against ISIS (a terrorist organization banned in Russia) on Sunday shot down a Syrian su-22 in raqqa province after he allegedly dropped bombs near positions of the “Syrian democratic forces” (SDF, based on the units of the Syrian Kurds), reported previously in the coalition. Damascus said the plane Syrian air force carried out a mission against ISIS.
After that, the defense Ministry said that any planes and drones in areas of combat missions HQs in Syria will be accepted to support the Russian air defense as air targets. The Russian defense Ministry on 19 June cease cooperation with the USA in the framework of the Memorandum on the prevention of incidents in the skies over Syria.