The Ministry of defense intends to send another four thousand soldiers in Afghanistan. On Thursday, June 15, the Associated Press reports.
The Agency source noted that officially it can be declared at the beginning of next week.
At the same time, the official representative of the Ministry of defence of the USA Christopher Sherwood told TASS that the Pentagon took no action on changing the number of American troops in Afghanistan.
“No decisions have been taken,” — said the Sherwood Agency.
Day on June 15 President of the United States Donald trump allowed the Pentagon to determine exactly how many troops need to be sent to Afghanistan. Trump has decided to expand the powers of the Pentagon a few days after the Minister of defence James Mattis announced that U.S. and Afghan security forces are losing the war to the Taliban.
Currently in Afghanistan there are 8.5 thousand of American soldiers and 4.5 thousand soldiers of NATO countries. Previously the commander of us forces General John Nicholson said that in order to reverse the situation, he needed several thousand more troops.