The Pentagon has acknowledged that he had no reason to interfere with the Assad supporters
WASHINGTON, June 9 — RIA Novosti. The U.S. defense Department on Friday acknowledged that the us military has no legitimate authority to interfere with Pro-government forces in Syria to act in certain areas.
On Thursday, the coalition carried out already the third for last month attack on Syrian Pro-government forces in the village of Al-TANF. As stated by the official representative of the coalition Ryan Dillon, was destroyed by tank and artillery, which were included in the so-called “zone of conflict prevention” and were a threat to allied and coalition forces.
“These areas of conflict prevention is not the exclusive areas. There is no legitimate basis for us to say “no One needs to come here. It is not our mandate,” said Davis told reporters.
At the same time he reminded that the US and its allies reserve the right to strike at those who “pose a threat to us”. That’s what the Pentagon explain recent attacks on government forces near Al-TANF.
Davis also confirmed that the U.S. identify a “zone of conflict prevention” in a radius of 55 kilometres from the place where they or their allies are conducting operations.
At the same time, Davis declined to specify RIA Novosti, how many more such areas in Syria.
Earlier in the Pentagon declared that “the zone of conflict prevention” have nothing to do with “de-escalation”, which was agreed between the parties to the talks in Astana.