Another blow to US-led coalition Pro-government forces in Syria was in the interests of self-defense and is not a sign of escalation of the situation. On Thursday, 8 June, said the official U.S. state Department spokesman Heather Nauert, reports RIA Novosti.
Earlier on June 8, the official representative of the coalition Colonel Ryan Dillon reported that the coalition forces attacked several jeeps that tried to get close to the 55-kilometer zone around the city of TANF. Here is the location of the American instructors, and a training base for the training of armed Syrian opposition groups.
“The coalition needs to protect itself, and we believe this (beat) so,” — said later about this Nauert.
June 6, the coalition reported the destruction of tanks and artillery of the government army cap, “which posed a threat to allied forces.” The first blow was struck on may 18. Then the coalition fighters fired at a column of Pro-government forces, consisting of 27 units. The Pentagon said that the attack “added to the list of targets and goals of terrorists.”