The Pentagon confirmed the convergence of two destroyers China US Navy aircraft
The official representative of the Ministry said that the Ministry of defense expressed “concern about the Chinese government through the appropriate channels”.
WASHINGTON, may 27. /Offset. TASS Anton Cranks/. The Pentagon confirmed the “unprofessional and unsafe” the convergence of two multifunctional fighter-bombers, J-10, China with a patrol aircraft of the US Navy P-3 Orion over the South China sea. This was announced on Friday, TASS, the official representative of the Pentagon captain of the second rank Gary Ross.
“The crew of the American aircraft found the unsafe and unprofessional intercept. Its operation he was able to continue unhindered, he said. — We continue to investigate this incident and Express our concern to the Chinese government through the appropriate channels”.
According to Ross, the incident occurred on Thursday, and one of the Chinese fighters “flew directly in front of the P-3 Orion”, which alarmed the Americans. As reported previously, the ABC, the fighter-bombers approached at a distance of approximately 30 metres to the patrol aircraft of the US Navy.
Convergence occurred approximately 240 km South-East of Hainan island (southern China), in the Northern part of the South China sea.
Representatives of the US defense Department on may 18 announced that the two fighters China su-30 over the waters of the East China sea was accompanied by American aircraft WC-135 Constant Phoenix, equipped with special equipment to measure the air. The U.S. side also said then that we are talking about unprofessional actions by the Chinese pilots.