Medina for the first time commented on the searches in “Gogol-center”
He said that the Ministry of culture knew about the investigation into the “Seventh Studio”.
Moscow. May 26. INTERFAX.RU — the Ministry of culture knew about the investigation into the alleged embezzlement in the “Seventh Studio”, which were searched in the “Gogol-center”, said the head of the Ministry of culture Vladimir Medinsky in an interview to “Gazeta.ru”, released on Friday.
I want to emphasize this story to the tastes and assessments, as well as creativity as such is irrelevant.Mr Mediscience of culture of the Russian Federation
A little earlier in response to a question about his attitude to the work of Director Kirill Serebrennikov Medinsky said that “infinitely far away from (it — if) aesthetics”, and “Gogol-center” was once.
The head of the Ministry of culture noted that the pieces of silver “has always been favored by the regime” and “offense he has nothing”, stipulating that the Director is in the status of the witness.
“I hope the investigation will be carried out as impartially and without demonstrative rigidity. Because creative people are more responsive to form, and not substance,” said Medina, adding that the situation saddens him, “like any scandal culture.”
So far, the culture Minister has refrained from commenting about the case on embezzlement in especially large size, which I suspect the leadership of the theater company “the Seventh Studio” created by Serebrennikov. Detained former head of “the Seventh Studio” Yuri Itin and the chief accountant Nina Masliaev, the government interrogated and released under the obligation about an appearance to the investigator.