Terrorist group “Islamic state” has claimed responsibility for the attack in Manchester, which killed 22 people. The corresponding video militants posted on social networks, reports TASS with reference to the Iraqi Internet portal.
How, in turn, transfers RIA Novosti news Agency, the Lebanese publication Lebanon24.com writes that the official IG did not assume responsibility for the blast. While the Internet extends the record: the man, whose face is closed, calls himself a member of a group and says that a terrorist attack in Manchester “only the beginning”.
Earlier in city police said that the explosion made a suicide bomber. “I can confirm that the assailant died on the spot. We believe that he carried the IED and brought it into action,” — said the representative of law enforcement bodies.
In addition to the 22 dead, among whom are children, were reported 59 casualties in the attack.
The explosion was arranged at the stadium later on Monday evening, may 22, after a concert by American singer Ariana Grande.
Video: criticoenserio / YouTube
Organization “Islamic state” is prohibited in Russia.