A gas explosion in a residential building in Volgograd occurred due to the damaged gas pipe work, trying to illegally connect to the conduit. About it on air of TV channel “Russia 24” said the Governor of the region Andrei Bocharov, reports TASS.
“This is criminal negligence of those persons who tried to illegally connect to the conduit. During these works, permission for which was not damaged the pipeline with gas,” he said, noting that the work was done with the outside of the building, permits the company did not have.
The investigative Committee opened a criminal case under part 3 of article 238 of the criminal code of Russian Federation “Fulfillment of works or rendering services not meeting safety requirements”.
According to the RIA Novosti source in the emergency services, the death toll in the blast has reached three, eight people were injured. Previously reported two dead, their bodies were recovered from under the rubble.
Currently, the scene works on analysis of blockages. Of the destroyed homes were evacuated 40 people, they were placed in temporary accommodation in nearby hotels or school, said the representative of the southern regional emergency center.
As reported by a local resident REN TV near in the area of emergency in the morning smelled gas.
An explosion in a house on University Avenue in Volgograd occurred on Tuesday afternoon, may 16. In the result of emergency collapsed the entrance, destroyed, according to the revised data, were 12 apartments.
The house in which the explosion occurred was built in 1958. In 2015 there are audited, the results of which the experts came to the conclusion that the building is in good condition.