In Ingushetia opened a criminal case after the kidnapping of 19-year-old girl with intent to marry her. On Wednesday, April 12, reported on the website of the regional investigative Department of the investigative Committee.
According to investigators, the afternoon of 8 April, a group of not less than five persons, entered the household in the village of Kantyshevo and violence kidnapped the local resident. The whereabouts of the girls is still not installed.
The case was brought on signs of the crimes provided by part 2 of article 139 of the criminal code (“Violation of the inviolability of the home, committed with application of violence”) and paragraph “a” of part 2 of article 126 of the criminal code of Russian Federation (“Kidnapping by a group of persons on preliminary arrangement”). Established the identity of one of the suspects, he declared wanted.
On 11 April, the head of Ingushetia, Yunus-Bek Yevkurov instructed to deal with the case, according to the website of the Republic. “We need to eliminate such actions, which contradict the norms of Islam, our traditions and ADAT (customs, ancient laws in the North Caucasus — ed. “Of the tape.ru”), “Yevkurov said.
At the meeting with head of the Republic claimed that during the abduction of the girl, her mother and brother suffered significant injuries, they had to seek medical help. It is noted that the wanted man had previously twice (in October 2016 and March 2017) kidnapped the girl for marriage.
The tradition of bride kidnapping exists in many republics of the North Caucasus. In 2013, the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, said that his country managed to get rid of this custom.