Russia plans to make a statement because of the American strikes on Syria
MOSCOW, 7 APR — RIA Novosti. The Russian foreign Ministry will soon make a statement on the US attacks on Syria, told RIA Novosti the official representative of Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova.
“In the near future according to the foreign Ministry statement is made in connection with the US attacks on Syria,” she said.
USA at night on Friday made a rocket attack on a government base in Syria with cruise missiles based on ships of the U.S. Navy. According to the Pentagon, there were 59 missiles. It was noted that the purpose of the missile strike, the US was an airfield in Shayrat, Syria.
The national coalition opposition and revolutionary forces of Syria (NKORS) said on Tuesday that about 80 of the victims of the attacks using chemical weapons in Khan Shaykhun, Idlib province and 200 wounded. The blame for the attack, the opposition has placed on Syrian government forces. The Syrian army command strongly denied the accusations and blamed on militants and their patrons.
The defense Ministry reported that Syrian aircraft have struck near the outskirts of the village of Khan shaykhun in Idlib province in the warehouse of ammunition of terrorists, where were the arsenals of chemical weapons, which were delivered to Iraq. The investigation of the incident has already engaged the UN and the Organization for the prohibition of chemical weapons, but so far they did not publish any conclusions about the possible culprits.
As stated on Thursday Minister of foreign Affairs of Syria Walid Muallem, Syrian government forces have never used and do not intend to use chemical weapons against civilians and against the terrorists. Stocks of chemical weapons had previously been successfully evacuated from Syria, in January 2016, the Organization for the prohibition of chemical weapons announced the total elimination of the chemical Arsenal of the country. For the chemical disarmament of Syria, the organization received in 2013 Nobel peace prize.