Mass action of protest “March of angry Belarusians” against the decree on parasitism in Minsk
The efforts undertaken by Russia for the construction of a multipolar world has brought some fruit. Chain revolutions with the participation of third countries in Africa and the middle East managed to interrupt. However, it is likely that in the future the geography of the “color revolutions” will be expanded. This forecast was shared with future diplomats, the Minister of defense of the Russian Federation Sergey Shoigu, speaking at MGIMO.
According to the Minister, the turning point was the intervention of Russian military forces in the conflict in Syria. Otherwise, to reverse the situation was impossible, since the armed opposition groups and mercenaries, regularly supplied from abroad with arms and ammunition. Shoigu gave the statistics: thousands and thousands of MANPADS, ATGM, MLRS, tons of mines and explosives put in six years of civil war in the conflict zone.
The Minister of defence has debunked the myth of the supposedly non-violent nature of most of the “color revolutions”. Analysis of events shows that the factor of military force is always an essential element of such conflicts. It is present at all stages of the escalation of the revolution and the consequent intra-national conflict, said Shoigu. The goal is to prevent the use of power structures of the state to restore law and order.
Political and socio-economic consequences of the “color revolutions”, the Minister assessed as decidedly negative. “If we look at the States that won the “color revolution”, it is unlikely that it can be argued that changing political regimes, they are on the path of prosperity and stability, and regional security has been significantly strengthened”, – he said. And leads to “incomplete” list of countries: Yugoslavia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, Syria.
Indeed, according to AVN, the income level of the inhabitants of Libya fell after the revolution to more than ten times. Earlier people were getting 12-14 thousand dollars a year per person. Now 700 to one thousand dollars.
The highlight of the speech Shoigu began his correspondence answer his British counterpart Michael Fallon, announced that the West does not want to “bear poking their paws in Libya”. “We don’t think in their “zoo” has grown the beast, which may indicate a bear,” retorted the head of the defense Ministry. Verbal swordplay of Ministers reflects the difference in foreign policy approaches of the two countries, which can manifest itself in potential conflict regions of the world.
Political scientist, Professor of the Academy of military Sciences Sergey Sudakov sees danger to Russia’s closest neighbours.
– The matrix of “color revolutions” was created to bring the U.S. government in different countries of the world. The events in Egypt, Macedonia, Tunisia, and Ukraine had a common script. This is a bet on the passionate young people involved using new technological devices over the Internet. Definitely was the sacred victim, and, of course, the leader. The leader usually was a puppet of the West. All this was done with ostensibly noble goals: democratization, liberalization, human rights, etc.
But the money WA “wound up” in different ways. In some cases, they went directly to the “revolutionary committees” – nonprofits that then was engaged in withdrawal of people into the street. In others, for example, in Egypt, they pretended that no contact with the NGOs, and started to buy at first small and then big media, after which it started forming from the regime of an enemy. And finally, Ukraine was used double technology, including terrorist support. So far this scheme worked.
“SP”: – What prevents US to continue in the same spirit?
– The US has faced the situation of fatigue from the “color revolutions” because they stopped to get a result. Money considerable, coups occur, but the effect is quite low. To retain hegemony, we need a larger scale. Either you need to change the strategy. In these circumstances, the United Kingdom, which had previously been in the United States, realized that now she can pursue an independent policy. Now still have a certain number of countries where the European politicians could try to create the conditions for the “color revolutions”.
I think the risk, of course, is Belarus. Despite the rigidity of the regime and rigid hierarchy, where there is a national fatigue. A national fatigue is the first sign for the spin doctors. In such conditions it is possible to try to rock the boat.
“SP”: – what other countries at risk?
– Venezuela… In Brazil already held a certain bloodless change. It is an attack on BRICS with the aim to weaken our allies in this structure. Go Eurasian Union, our colleagues in the CIS. In the near future neither the US nor the UK will not be able to opt out of the matrix of color revolutions.
Expert in the field of international relations Alexander Kurkin reminded that Russia is not the first time in its history is the guarantor of the current world order.
– Russia finally has ceased to hold that her boundaries occur Russophobic coups. Although it was necessary to act proactively in 1990-ies. There would be fewer costs and sacrifices. Of course, to kill the Islamists better on distant approaches, in the same Syria than to wage war on the territory of Russia. Moreover, Moldova is the only country of comparable military power with the US. And historical experience we have.
“SP”: – What do you mean?
– Established in the XIX century, after the Congress of Vienna, a coalition of Russia, Prussia and Austria, known as the Holy Alliance. After all, his goal was maintaining monarchical order in Europe, shaken after the French revolution and the Napoleonic wars. By the way, its initiator was the Russian Emperor Alexander I. it is Interesting, that while the core of the coalition was joined by all the monarchies of Europe, except the British. It seems that now all major players in their places.
“SP”: – What are the “weak points” there are in the world? Where else possible “color” revolutions?
– Despite the increased role of Russia in world politics the project of “color revolutions” in the West indefinitely put off. Alarming news come from Belarus, where President Lukashenko has brought to the political field of local nationalists, before entrenched in education, science, culture, media. He believes that will be able to control it. But Yanukovych also believed that it monitors the homegrown nationalists from time to time. The policy of flirting with the West in contrast with Russia before a fall. Western “partners” are not stupid, Alexander, and the cunning and guile to him they have only to learn.
The expert of the Academy of military Sciences Vladimir Prokhvatilov expects problems in Central Asia:
– Departure from the strategy of interventionism, as evidenced by the neocons, will not. Perhaps this is being touted as something natural. There will be less control and more chaos. Talking about this purpose that we see in the Pentagon and the CIA. Among them are those generals who are known everywhere the desire to put American boots. But as the Americans try to preserve their strength, they will again need the support of a local “Partizan”.
There is a danger that such movements will be supported in Central Asia. In particular, in order to confront the economic expansion of China. Moreover, it will be held under the new scheme. Its essence is the synergy of human rights processes of social protests, criminal insurgencies (it was recently tested in Kazakhstan) and the revolutionary Jihad.
First Deputy Chairman of the state Duma Committee on international Affairs of the Communist Dmitry Novikov supported the position of the Russian Minister:
– It is necessary to understand that the term “orange revolution” has nothing in common with the real revolution that ripen objective ways. The “orange revolution” is only a technology coup with the involvement of some segments of the population, and often with external influence. I mean, this is pure interference in the internal Affairs of independent States. To accept this is impossible. Both China and Russia, and most countries in Latin America are strongly against it.
Therefore, we operate within the framework of SCO and BRICS in particular. All of these organizations advocate for a multipolar world, which requires the establishment of more equitable international relations. This directly contradicts the “color revolutions,” as political tool. For the same reason we oppose same mechanism in Russia.