The Prosecutor of Montenegro has reported that “Russian authorities” in the coup
BELGRADE, February 20 — RIA Novosti. The special Prosecutor of Montenegro Milivoje Catnic in a speech in Montenegrin broadcast the “First channel” (TV Prva) stated that some of the “Russian authorities” allegedly was involved in a coup attempt during elections in the country in October last year to prevent the accession of Montenegro to NATO.
According to him, such conclusions based on the testimony of defendants and their data conversations.
Informed British newspaper the Telegraph, citing an anonymous source in the British government wrote that the assassination attempt on the former Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Djukanovic and the plan of the coup was allegedly involved Russian special services. Moscow has previously denied such speculation, and the Prosecutor’s office of Montenegro has stated that there is no evidence of the involvement of the Russian authorities to these events.
An interview with the Montenegrin Prosecutor about trying gosperevorota the day of parliamentary elections on 16 October is not yet posted in open access, but a transcript of the lead, including the portals of the Montenegrin national TV channel RTCG and the newspaper Vijesti.
According to the latest statement of Kalnica, at the head of the group who planned the coup, the assassination of the then Prime Minister Djukanovic and prevent the country’s entry into NATO was a citizen of Russia Eduard Shirokov, whose real name Shishmakov.
“He’s not a captain, and Edward Shishmakov that in 2014, he was Deputy military attache in Poland, but expelled because of espionage to Russia as a persona non grata. This passport was issued to him by the Russian authorities, and he is a member of the Russian security services,” — said Katnic.
According to the Prosecutor, one of the main conspirators Alexander Sindzhelich, now having the status of cooperating with the investigation witness to these events, visited Moscow at the invitation Shirokov to check for the possibility of participation in the operation.
These events are nationalist organizations in Russia, but now we know that they were included and the Russian state authorities. From the Russian state authorities depends on the checking of how all this happened and I expect it to be done.Milivoje Catechistically Prosecutor of Montenegro
According to him, about the possibility of terrorist acts in Montenegro on the day of parliamentary elections on 16 October 2016, and about the participants of these actions, the Montenegrin state authorities first notified the accused Mirko Velimirovic for four or five days before the election. In this regard, the Prosecutor said some details about the negotiations between the defendants themselves.
“On one of the records that we received from the Serbian BIA (intelligence service), Nemanja Ristic clearly reports will Sindjelic that he was not worried, although they believe that Velimirovic had betrayed them,” said Katnic. The Prosecutor said that, according to ristić, “the reason is that in Montenegro are the special forces of Federal security service of Russia, and that they will solve the problem.”
According to him, these materials are presented as evidence. He also clarified the role of members of the opposition movement Democratic front (DF) in these events.
“Everything I said in his address, has been proved. I’m sorry that this has not given greater importance. According to the participants of Achimovich, Andric and Aleksic, you had to surround the leadership of DFA and nominated to the Parliament, to enter the building and report it. Training to all operations carried out Ristic, Bogicevic and Velimirovic,” said the Prosecutor.
Catnic reported that participants in the operation were from Serbia, countries in the region, and was “foreign elements” whose identity is difficult to establish
According to the Prosecutor, the indictment in connection with the attempted coup will be ready by April 15. The process until recently was conducted against 23 people. After the removal last week of parliamentary immunity with the leaders of the Parliamentary front Andria Mandic and Milan Knežević, this number has increased to 25 persons.
On the voting day — October 16 of last year in Montenegro announced the arrest of 20 citizens of Serbia on suspicion of preparing a terrorist attack and a coup. According to prosecutors, the group was planning at the announcement of the election results to capture the Assembly and to “proclaim the victory of one political parties” and “to neutralize the Prime Minister of Montenegro.”
In December the Montenegrin authorities declared internationally wanted by Interpol of Russians Edward Shirokov and Vladimir Popov, as well as citizens of Serbia — Predrag of Bogicevica, Milos Jovanovic and Nimany of ristić on suspicion of plotting a coup. Spectaculator Republic reported that the suspects Shirokov and planning the murder of Djukanovic.
The Kremlin has categorically denied the information about the involvement of Russia to the assassination attempt against Djukanovic. “According to official lines no requests were not, I don’t know if the queries were of special services. But in this case we do not have any information and, of course, categorically reject the possibility of official involvement in whatever the attempts of the organization of any illegal actions”, — said the press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov to reporters in response to the question, have you received any requests from Montenegro about the investigation into the assassination attempt on the Prime Minister of the country which, according to the Prosecutor of Montenegro can be a part of the Russian nationalists.