The US President Donald trump said that he will sign next week, another decree aimed at “securing the American people.” As reported by Reuters, he said at a press conference.
According to him, the need for this step arose because the validity of the previously signed decree temporarily prohibiting entry into the United States from seven countries with a predominantly Muslim population, is suspended in a Federal court.
“We will release a new, extremely comprehensive decree to protect our people,” said trump.
The President of the United States on January 27 signed a decree “On the protection of the country from the entry of foreign terrorists.” It is 90 days had banned the entry of citizens of Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia and the Sudan. In addition, he was suspended for 120 days of the entry of refugees from any of the States, and the admission of refugees from Syria were banned for an indefinite period.
The decree sparked mass protests. On 3 February, a Federal judge in Seattle James Robert lifted restrictions on travel to the US citizens that fall under the scope of the document the seven countries. February 10 the court of appeals for the ninth circuit in San Francisco upheld the decision of a lower court.