South Korean defense Ministry described the target missile launch of the DPRK
Moscow. 12 Feb. INTERFAX.RU — One of the goals of the launch by North Korea of ballistic missiles was to test the reaction of the new American administration, said in a statement the Ministry of defense of South Korea.
“This appears to be an armed provocation aimed to test the reaction of the new American administration, led by President trump”, — stated in the document. The Ministry also noted that another goal was “to attract public attention to the improvement of the North for its nuclear and missile capabilities.”
The US President Donald trump and the Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe has condemned the launch of ballistic missiles by North Korea, undertaken in the night of Sunday Moscow time, reported the Associated Press.
Abe, however, trump is in Florida in the framework of his visit to the United States. In a brief statement, the Prime Minister stressed that this missile launch is a violation of the relevant UN security Council resolutions banning North Korea’s use of ballistic technology in the launch of missiles. Trump said: “I would like to understand and know that the United States of America 100% stand on Japan’s side, his great ally”.
The Minister of defense of South Korea Kim Kwan Jin on the phone discussed with the Advisor to the President for national security Michael Flynn questions relating to the rocket launch. Hand, as reported by the press service of the President of South Korea, “strongly condemned” the launch and agreed to use all opportunities to prevent further provocations by the DPRK.
The representative of the military authorities in South Korea have ruled out the possibility that the rocket fired could be a long-range missile. The media reports indicated that, according to us military, the missile was medium-range, and the launch was a failure.
South Korean military said earlier that a missile was fired, the DPRK has covered a distance of 500 kilometers.