Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Sunday, February 12, in an interview with NTV television channel expressed confidence that the ongoing dialogue with the administration of U.S. President Donald trump will be more intense as soon as the state apparatus will be finally formed.
“We respect the positions of any country and are always ready to sit down and discuss any approaches, even those that are absolutely contrary to ours. I am convinced that our dialogue with the administration of Donald trump, who has already begun, will continue, will be more intense, once all parts of the administration who are engaged in foreign Affairs,” the diplomat said.
He also noted that in the near future planned conversation between him and the new Secretary of state USA Rex Tillerson. “Already had contacts through other channels, phone calls on issues related to our interaction in military-political sphere,” he added, noting that among other international issues will be discussed and the issues of relations between Moscow and Washington.
Earlier in February, a source in foreign Ministry said that Moscow is ready to contacts with the new us Secretary of state, Rex Tillerson. As a possible meeting place of diplomats are considered Munich and Bonn, in Bonn on 16-17 February, will host a meeting of foreign Ministers of G20. In the Bavarian capital Munich from 17 to 19 February, the Munich security conference.
The U.S. Senate approved the candidacy of the former head of Exxon Mobil Rex Tillerson to the post of Governor of the us state Department on 1 February.