Russia categorically does not agree with the assessments of the Organization for security and cooperation in Europe (OSCE) about the involvement of militias to the violation of the ceasefire regime in the Donbass. This was stated by the official Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Wednesday, February 1, the correspondent “Tapes.ru”.
“We do not agree with such formulations. We are talking about provocative actions by the Armed forces of Ukraine and individual groups”, — said the press Secretary of the head of state. He commented on the OSCE report, which the organization calls “Russian-separatist forces” to restore peace in the region.
Peskov said that Kiev de-facto confirmed that makes offensive operations in the Donbass. “We have heard you and some of the statements of the representatives of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine, which States that we are talking about the progress meter after meter forward from the armed forces,” he said.
The international community should encourage Kiev to stop provocations and start to implement the Minsk agreements, said Kremlin spokesman.
Earlier Wednesday, Deputy defense Minister of Ukraine Igor Pavlov acknowledged that Kiev forces are on the offensive in the Donbass. “Meter by meter, step by step, our boys heroically moved forward,” he said.
On 31 January the UN Security Council expressed concern over the deteriorating situation in the Donbass, and called immediately to restore the ceasefire. Earlier in the day the Russian foreign Ministry appealed to Kiev to cease armed provocations on the territory of the region.