The parties to the conflict in Eastern Ukraine should immediately stop “all hostilities” and abide by the truce. As reported on Tuesday, January 31, TASS said the official representative of the Secretary-General of the world organization Stefan Dujarric.
The clashes on the contact line in the Donbas are a direct violation of the Minsk agreements, he said. “We urge all parties to immediately cease all hostilities, fully respect the ceasefire, to provide immediate and unhindered humanitarian access to the population, to ensure safe access of Special monitoring mission of the OSCE, which will allow it to report on the situation on the ground, and to resume efforts towards a peaceful settlement of the conflict”, — said Dyuzharrik.
In addition, he expressed deep concern about the UN escalation of fighting near Avdeevka, Yasinovataya and Donetsk, which led to casualties and the fate of civilians.
Earlier on January 31, the U.S. state Department also expressed concern over the situation in Eastern Ukraine and called for an immediate restoration of the ceasefire. Before Tuesday the security Service of Ukraine has promised to make all efforts to ensure that access of observers Special monitoring mission of the OSCE in areas of conflict in the Donbass.
The battles of Avdiyivka in the Donbas have been going on for a few days and are most intense from August 2015, when the Ukrainian security forces conducted massive bombardment of the territory of the DNI. Also on January 31 the Ukrainian military from jet systems of volley fire “Hail” fired at the town of Yasinovataya near Donetsk.
Kiev launched a military operation against the breakaway Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics in April 2014, two months after the change of power in the country. According to the UN, during the conflict killed more than 10 thousand people.