Pro-government forces and rebels in Syria have come to an agreement about the condition of evacuation from East Aleppo, the remaining fighters. On Sunday, December 18, according to a government TV station Al-Ihbaria, reports Reuters.
Evacuation from Eastern neighborhoods of the city will resume in exchange for the withdrawal of people from the rebel-occupied the settlements of El-Fua and Kefraya in Idlib province. Under the terms of the transaction, from Aleppo will receive about 1.2 thousand civilians, after about as many people leave the El Foix and Cerau. “No one group of fighters and their families will not begin to move until the inhabitants of Foix and of Kefraya”, — underlined in the message.
At present in these settlements, which are under the control of insurgents remain about 20 thousand people.
16 December, the militants of the terrorist group “Jabhat Fatah al-sham” (formerly known as “Jabhat EN-Nusra”, banned in Russia) agreed to the evacuation of the wounded from Foix and Kerii in Idlib province.
Earlier in the day Syrian militia said the liberation of all areas of Eastern Aleppo. This information was confirmed at the Russian Centre of reconciliation of the warring parties. There’s also said that the operation to withdraw from the Eastern districts of Aleppo of the militants and their family members completed. In total areas, which is controlled by terrorists, exported 9.5 thousand people, including 4,5 thousand fighters.
Aleppo is one of the largest cities in Syria. In 2012, the Eastern part seized various Islamist and rebel groups, and the West remained under the control of the Syrian army. In mid-December of 2016, Syrian troops regained control of the city, and on December 16 it was announced its full release.